- People having chemotherapy, or who have received chemotherapy in the last 3 months;
- People having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer;
- People having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors;
- People having intensive (radical) radiotherapy for lung cancer;
- People who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs;
- People with some types of blood cancer which damage the immune system, even if they have not needed treatment (for example, chronic leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma).
- Prompt screening of patients in care for COVID-19;
- Rigorous implementation of guidelines across the health system in respect to such matters as quarantining and maintenance of high standards in hygiene;
- Continuous, clear and high quality communication to healthcare professionals and the public about the ongoing situation.
Read the full statement.